Monday, December 1, 2008
Some stored up links from my rss pantry.
They got my taste buds revved- hopefully yours too:
Recipes you need
- Crab-Jalapeno Mac & Cheese recipe from Seattle restaurant Austin Cantina.
- The lightest fluffiest crab cakes ever- made with an isi whipper.
- Yet more marshmallow flavor inspiration- BBQ’ed marshmallows.
- Crispy rice crackers from a microwave.
- Caramel corn will never be the same with Spiced Honey Popcorn hanging around.
- Foie Gras cotton candy made at home. Just go steal that cotton candy machine from your niece.
- Eating Ritz cracker ice cream is just like eating pie crust ice cream- which is a good thing.
- How to make cordial candies with liquid alcohol centers. I may never leave the house again.
- Rounding out the flavor of corn with corn bone stock.
- Infuse your potatoes with truffles before you fry them. What other flavors are begging for this technique?
- Well, why not smoke your potatoes before frying them? Smokers aren’t just for meat anymore.
- Using compression-braised techniques to revolutionize raw food diets… if only they would eat it.
- How to make an edible candle.
- Why you should add a pinch of salt to your coffee to make it taste better. I’m sold.
- Eggs respond well to being smoked- without having a smoker.
- Using a vacuum sealer to make better cookie dough quicker.
- Are you a cheesemaker? Save that whey for cooking our grits.
Season your mushrooms before using by giving them a brine soak. They’ll come out perfectly flavored.
- Using Dr. Pepper to flavor your pork shoulder.
- Making a flavored salt with neutral pop rocks strikes me as pure genius.
- Toasting powdered butterfat to make a pile of brown butter goodies.
Pressure cookers make the world go round
- Caramelized white chocolate in a pressure cooker.
- Pressure cooking whole citrus fruits to yield a puree.
- Cooking sesame seeds in a pressure cooker just like a grain.
- A quiet, sleek looking counter top plug in pressure cooker from Cuisinart.
Kitchen tools you need
- A four tiered cooling rack will save lots of counter space.
- Better beaters for your kitchen aid that scrape down the bowl.
- A more accessible canister size for Vita-Mix blenders.
- Bean mashers for making your own refried beans.
Bright shiny copper bowls for your kitchen aid mixer.
Turning around food assumptions
- Realizing hot whipped cream and its applications.
- Making a sparkling clear roasted banana consomme.
- A farmer’s perspective on raising and selling heritage turkeys.