Another New Year in March?

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

pssst
- how are your New Year’s resolutions going?

Do you need to establish an additional New Year’s Eve in March to get things going again?

I’m doing excellent in some of my resolutions, with others not touched yet. I’m doing well with my work lunch strategy, and am having improved health as a result. The untouched resolution? I haven’t yet established a routine for browsing food magazines at the library instead of buying them. Drats.

Additional brownie points- the unwritten resolutions

So, how are you doing? What is working best for you to get these resolutions charged up?

posted February 28th, 2008 at 10:32 am

What if you took a different bus route and got off at the library? Once in a while.
My best approach to resolution success is baby steps. I’m not going to be Iron Woman overnight, but I’m a lot (OK, a little) stronger and it’s only February.

yeah- walking to the downtown library is a very good idea! Maybe that’ll be my new friday special.

posted February 28th, 2008 at 11:16 am

It’s funny you mention it. I was just reviewing mine. I wanted to fall off the wagon SO bad this past week but managed to stay motivated. I just keep humming that tune…baby steps. Be happy with what you’ve done so far.

posted February 28th, 2008 at 9:43 pm

I’m in the middle, but I still have yet to buy a magazine and this is a big accomplishment.

posted March 2nd, 2008 at 10:04 am

Congrats on sticking to your resolutions!! I am still working on it, but things are looking good–mine was to start my own business, and slowly but surely it is happening!

posted March 6th, 2008 at 7:40 pm

My fiance resolved live a more “green” life and so far are doing pretty well although it’s definitely been interesting. We have made our own bread (yummy), soap, shaving cream, and candles and we’ve definitely done a lot more cooking. You can check out our attempts at our blog http://badhuman.wordpress.com

posted March 26th, 2008 at 1:28 pm

One of my resolutions was to eat more raw meat, and that has gone swimmingly, as I’ve been eating tartars and an insane amount of ahi sashimi and poke. I was eating raw oysters by a jar for a couple weeks before the food poisoning caught up to me.

My other resolution to drive farther for tacos has not been such an unqualified success, as I’ve been very busy. But the pending implosion of the petroleum futures market and the onset of peak oil is starting to increase the sense of urgency.

Oysters in a jar? What is this jar you speak of?
Last night I just resolved to stop by Dan & Louis’ weekly for a dozen oysters and a beer. Mmmm

posted March 28th, 2008 at 3:31 pm

It’s those “Extra-smalls” that you can buy in the seafood section, usually for $3.50-$5.00. I was at some chain-y happy hour a few months back and ordered a few oyster shooters and they came out within seconds, which made me realize…hey, I can do that!

So I started buying Pacific brand extra-smalls from Fred Meyer, which is about 6 oz+ pound (probably around 18+ oysters) and would simply drain them from that liquor they’re packed, put a couple each into 2-3 shot glasses, top with cocktail sauce and Tabasco, and throwing them down.

For 3 weeks and I was consuming at a jar-per-weekend clip, then I picked up a different brand at New Seasons (a Washington brand), and by that Sunday night I was sorta hallucinating the entire time I uneasily slept, punctuated by hourly sprints to the toilet.

zinc overdoses can keep one on their toes!