Foster & Dobbs (2518 NE 15th Ave, Portland OR) is hosting a class event on Thursday October 11th for $50 that includes an evening with Alice Medrich, a copy of the cookbook, plus wine and dessert tasting. Reservations are required and must be secured with a credit card. Call Foster & Dobbs at 503-284-1157. Size is limited and fills quickly so reserve your space early.
- What: evening with Alice Medrich, copy of her new cookbook, wine and dessert
- When: Thursday, October 11th, 7:15 pm
- Where: Foster & Dobbs,
- Cost: $50
- How: call Foster & Dobbs (503-284-1157) with credit card in hand to reserve a space
Alice Medrich has demonstrated such a wise and investigative love for the development of flavor in her cookbook Bittersweet; I can’t wait to see what she has in score for us next!
Everything’s Coming Up Alice
- Alice Medrich’s Melting Chocolate Meringues: This cookie is such a surprising texture in my mouth. Consisting of eggwhites, melted chocolate and sugar, the
aptly named Melting Chocolate Meringues are papery delicate on top to reveal a melted chocolate like interior that smooths itself into an intense chocolate finish against the top of your mouth. This cookie is best eaten when made 1 inch across, to better accommodate a singular popping in the mouth.
- Coconut Pecan Chocolate Drops: taunting the gender divide exhibited in coconut lovers with this chunk laden Alice inspired cookie.
- Alternative Cooling Racks: improvising a chopstick way to cool cooked goodies with a sneak peak at Alice’s famously good Tiger Bread.
- Brownie Variations- Chili Almond: enticed to the dark and spicy side with intense chewy dense brownies kicked up with spicy nuts.
- Alice Medrich’s Cocoa Syrup with Baking Bites: one of the ultimate expressions of love in our kitchen? Makin gour own chocolate syrup. Let Alice show you how.
- Triple Chocolate Mousses with Nordljus: sculpted caramelized nuts and stacks of softly whipped chocolates; it’s almost too pretty to eat… almost.