I’m gonna blame it on being hungry when I first spied the Oregonian’s new food and drink magazine: Mix. I couldn’t help myself- I practically google mapped out the whole darn thing!

I’m using this map of Portland restaurants as a pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey so to speak, for those moments when Sweets and I know we need to go out for food, but are too low blood sugared or simply too indecisive to pick a place to visit.

While not a complete map (oh heavens!) this is a good manageable mouthful for us to chew on.
Ah, now where to eat next…

View Larger Map

posted September 13th, 2007 at 11:18 am

You gotta try Campbell’s Barbeque. SO GOOD. It’s my favorite place to eat in Portland, I always make a point to eat there when I stop by for a visit with my in-laws.

Thanks for the recommendation! I admit I had to shake soup out of my head first with that name. :)

posted September 13th, 2007 at 7:11 pm

“or simply too indecisive to pick a place to visit.”

not you….

Naw- not me. :) It’s that other guy!

- Molly
posted September 14th, 2007 at 7:00 am

nice astroturfing, Jeff!

FWIW Jeff’s comments have been removed.

posted September 18th, 2007 at 8:29 am

Haha, I can definitely relate to indecisiveness! I should map out Chicagoland like this because I’ve had too many hour-long (or more) conversations determining where to go for dinner…

posted September 27th, 2007 at 9:27 am

Have you been to the Red and Black Cafe in Portland? I have heard tasty several tasty reviews ^_^

I’m moving to Eugene next year, I’m pretty much depending on Google maps for everything!

No- I haven’t. Will look it up.
Any good downtown breakfast recommendations?

Actually, I have been to the Red and Black. I have no complaints about the fare, but their current location is a bit difficult for us to reach. They just lost their lease and were looking to try to relocate. Depending on where they land, we may have to add them to the map.

–Sweets

posted September 27th, 2007 at 7:13 pm

Nope, sorry, I don’t really know the breakfast scene in Portland. The Red & Black Cafe was my sis-in-law’s recommendation from her last trip. That and Voodoo Doughnut, but I see you’ve already been there! (I’ve been having a serious craving for the bacon maple bar ever since reading your post.)

Good luck with your brekkie adventures!

- Britney
posted October 7th, 2007 at 8:57 pm

I was browsing your map and saw you listed one of my favorites, Autentica but Autentica is near Killingsworth, not Division.

Good catch Craig- thanks!

- Craig