Mint Ice Cream Slushy

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Mint Ice Cream SlushyIn addition to sushi, eggs over easy, and cheese, I have to add ice cream as one of those foods that I could absolutely live on non-stop. I mean really, is ice cream really any worse than a bowl of cereal for breakfast?

Ok, that was suppose to be a rhetorical question.

I’m wise to the overtime horrors of ice cream indulgence on the average person. But I do love it so. This is all part of the inspiration for my latest ice cream trick: to smoothie-ize it by adding ice cubes to milk shakes. Not only does adding blended ice cubes to a milk shake add more texture to your slurp, it extends a smaller bit of ice cream into a larger volume.

I’ve already discovered some nice variations on this theme: cocoa powder sludge ice cubes, coffee ice cubes, and one of my favorites with mint ice cream: adding mint tea ice cubes.

So if you’re like me, and you’re tired of justifying your addiction to ice cream… lighten it up in the blender with some ice cubes!

From the archives: Heat Wave Maguro Poke

Tuna poke
Ooo, another thing I could live on (well, it is practically sushi): poke! A nice variation is to toss some mango chunks in or use salmon instead.

I picked up sushi grade yellow fin tuna to be made into Poke. It’s light and refreshing and makes for surprisingly nice brunch fare. Even better- it doesn’t require the heat of your kitchen!

posted July 24th, 2007 at 7:14 pm

HA! Thanks for sharing many of your little tricks!! Mint tea ice cubes sound so good…even plain! Glad to see the move has not affected your culinary inspiration and the follow through! I love that mug by the way.

posted July 25th, 2007 at 9:53 am

Mint ice cream is one of my absolute favorite treats! And making it into a slushy is such a great way to enjoy it. :)

posted July 25th, 2007 at 10:43 am

Great idea! And way to spread your addiction. That picture makes me want an afternoon ice cream fix…:)

posted July 25th, 2007 at 3:31 pm

You know, you should be brought before the Queen of England and given a knighthood or a dame of the English Empire medal for coming up with this fabulous idea! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Oh, I don’t know… do you think she would be amused?
;)

posted July 28th, 2007 at 1:30 am

Very cool idea. Pun not intended LOL

posted August 21st, 2007 at 8:55 pm

People like you make it so very hard for people like me to be vegetarian! Curse you and your delicious Poke! [shaking fists to sky]

If I cheat, I can pretty much guarantee that raw fish will be involved. Mmm, succulent tuna…

Everything looks wonderful, as always. Yum. And now I’m hungry and it’s 1am. Curse you again! ;-)

Oh, but check out this picture. While it won’t taste like poke: it sure looks like raw tuna! Ideas in Food are one of my favorite play-with-your-food / trickster chef sites.

cheers