Kitty Litter Cake

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

How do I say good bye to my work place? By resurrecting a pre-blog culinary April Fool’s joke: kitty litter cake!

As I made this latest batch I couldn’t help but wonder if I was putting lipstick on a pig… or strike that and reverse: smearing mud on a Mona Lisa?

For my version to be successful, its the top that matters. This is simply crumbled spice cake and hand rolled tootsie rolls that tops off a triffle-like creation. Of course the use of a new kitty litter pan and scoop are required to make this truly successful.

How to make a kitty litter cake

Kitty litter Cake Materials

Material Preperation

Assembly

Those who dare to dig in will be rewarded… though you may have to take the first scoop.

posted June 27th, 2007 at 5:33 pm

Uh…yep, you actually did type “tapered ends”. I’m ashamed to admit that a friend of mine made one and mixed some sort of green tinted crumble into the mix to make it even more realistic. So, exactly when is the big move? I hope you keep us updated on all of your new culinary finds and creations!

I never had green bits in my kitty litter. We’re apparently holding out on our cat- don’t tell her. :)
The utter final move of stuff is this Saturday. After that I will officially be in Portland. Whew!

posted June 28th, 2007 at 6:40 am

This is hilarious. I don’t know how you feel about your former job, but I think it’s the perfect way to say goodbye to co-workers you either love or hate. :)

posted July 1st, 2007 at 8:47 pm

Hey. I lurk here. Anyway, you can make the topping with crushed Nilla Wafers, and reserve a small portion of the crumbs to mix with a bit of green food coloring. Some of the people in my spouses office couldn’t even eat it.

- em
posted July 2nd, 2007 at 8:05 pm

oh, fantastic! i have to try this out!

- rae
posted July 7th, 2007 at 5:42 am

I made this once for a Halloween party. Only 3 people would even try it, lol! Best on the move!

posted December 11th, 2007 at 6:38 am

That’s pretty cool I love cooking I may have to try that!

- shonna
posted April 1st, 2008 at 1:44 pm

[...] goes out to Brownie Points blog for its fool-worthy Kitty Litter [...]

posted April 12th, 2008 at 3:32 pm

A friend made this and took to a Senior Citzens Luncheon and the crowd went crazy for it…Just had to entice them a little bit though……..

- Suzi