We're moving to Palatable PortlandLike everyone else, those Fabulous Food Network Awards convinced us: Sweets and I are moving to Portland Oregon.

Well not exactly our true motivation, but the result is still the same.

The energy has been crackling here with moving plans.

Mixed in with the excitement is the sour news that Sweets and I will be maintaining separate households for two months. Swirled in with the procedures of removing myself from my home of 14 years, this is a big change for us.

Eugene’s small size has made it easy for me to feel like a big fish. My aquarium is about to get much larger!
I can’t help but also worry wonder how well my blog will keep a float in the new currents.

But aren’t we all just a drop in the blogging ocean?
Or is that a chip in the cookie batter? :)

Portland Food Blog Links

posted May 3rd, 2007 at 5:44 pm

Huzzah! Welcome! I can’t wait to read your insights into the Portland food scene!

- oregoncoastgirl (who lives in Beaverton)
posted May 4th, 2007 at 3:42 am

Hooray for you — it’s such fun to move to a new place and explore! the two months of separate households will pass quickly.

posted May 4th, 2007 at 7:55 am

You’re moving?! WOW! Any particular neighborhood or just Portland in general?

posted May 4th, 2007 at 10:13 am

YaY, now I can explore Portland and get to know ii better plus get inside information on exceptional places to eat with my sweetie!

- MoM
posted May 4th, 2007 at 10:56 am

Best of luck with your move – and here’s hoping that the next 2 months just fly by in all the excitement!

posted May 4th, 2007 at 7:53 pm

Congrats on the new move, that is exciting! I can relate to the moving stress (and 14 years, whoa), but at the end of it is a grand new adventure. I’ll look forward to your Portland explorations. Best of luck with the packing!

- Tea
posted May 5th, 2007 at 7:54 pm

Oh too bad! Eugene IS SO MUCH BETTER! (Hehe! It is one of my true loves, though…) Best of luck of course though!!! I love moving and changing everything.

- Morgan (who loves Eugene and can't stand Portland!)
posted May 6th, 2007 at 10:29 am

Well, welcome! Make sure you put the St. Honore Boulangerie on your list – a bit ‘Pearlized,’ but worth it. My latest post has details.

- Anne
posted May 7th, 2007 at 8:26 pm

I look forward to your progress, and frankly, am experiencing pangs of envy. So many farms, so little time.

- Tana
posted May 8th, 2007 at 7:08 am

Awesome! Why does it seem that all the cool kids live in Portland?

posted May 8th, 2007 at 9:55 am

I post regularly on PortlandFood.org, and I want to extend a personal invitation to you to come visit our site.

We are a group of people that get together at least monthly to eat. In between, we chat about what we’re eating and where we are eating.

Welcome to Portland!

Angelhair
(Niki)

Thanks for the personal welcome! Portland Food and Drink is a great gang of foodinistas. Look forward to now knowing what everyone is talking about ;)

posted May 12th, 2007 at 1:09 pm

When you get here, holla atcha boy! I make a good drinking buddy.

Will do! I’ll sound out a bar call. :)

posted May 13th, 2007 at 5:40 pm

We had such a lovely time in both Portland and Eugene. Thank you for the food suggestions. Both had wonderful food (incredible, really), but with Portland being so much larger . . . yeah, it took the cake. :) If my husband can find a job he wants in his field when he finishes his Ph.D., we are now looking to Portland as our next locale.