Cookie Dough Nibblers

Sunday, January 21, 2007

chocolate peppermint biscotti dough…we should face up to the sad sad fact,
that despite Ben & Jerry’s paving the way of public acknowledgment,
despite the availability of pasteurized eggs for those egg wussies,
despite the compatibility of the human body’s core temperature to the melting point of butter…

not everyone is a cookie dough nibbler.

Shocking and amazing, I know…

posted January 21st, 2007 at 7:51 pm

i know. my fiance refuses to eat cookie dough and tells me i’m insane for even daring. i’ve been doing it my whole life, why stop now?

Oh dear… my condolences.
It’s good to discuss this before marriage ;)

posted January 21st, 2007 at 8:40 pm

I have to admit, I don’t like cookie dough. I love cookies, just no dough. Perhaps there’s something wrong with me? :)

- zara
posted January 22nd, 2007 at 8:30 am

Cookie dough: Priceless. Don’t care what mom says.
And thanks for stopping by ours–we love reminscing about our nearly-hometown via your blog.

- prrrof
posted January 22nd, 2007 at 9:35 am

Cookie dough is often times better than the finished (baked) cookie. I think somebody should aspire to make a trendy dessert using raw cookie dough. HHhmmmmm….

Cookie dough truffles just popped into my head.
Cookie dough flavored bubble gum?
Astronauts’ cookie dough?
Cookie Dough pop rocks!
Cookie Dough soda…

posted January 22nd, 2007 at 11:38 am

Yuck. I am not a fan until it’s baked…

- Joy
posted January 22nd, 2007 at 4:42 pm

And think of the money saved on energy costs by not baking the dough (as if another reason was needed). That spoonful looks particularly yummy.

Oh yeah- good angle there Elle! Do it for the environment. :)

- Elle
posted January 22nd, 2007 at 4:59 pm

I am all about the dough. That looks great!

posted January 22nd, 2007 at 5:20 pm

Actually if you have an immune compromised system (elderly, kids under 10, pregant women or those who are ill), you really should stay away from all raw eggs. Good news though, I’ve seen pasteurized shell eggs in my grocery store. They’re less than some of the other “designer” eggs and you can tell they are pasteurized because they are stamped with a red circle P symbol. They taste greate and I love them becuase my husband can munch away on whatever I’m baking even though he has a cronic digestive disease. We don’t have to worry about salmonella!

thanks for the reminder Amy.

I continue to snark anyway, as those who fall into the categories you mention already know they are a subgroup.

- Amy
posted January 26th, 2007 at 8:28 am

Raw cookie dough is the best!! Here’s a recipe for cookie dough truffles I came across a couple of years ago and they are always a hit. It tastes better than the real thing. The best thing is they don’t contain eggs!!

1 Stick Butter
3/4 Cup brown sugar
2 Cups flour
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 Cup mini chocolate chips

Mix all together, roll into balls, and cover in chocolate. Enjoy!

Thanks Trish

Wow- sweetened condensed milk too? That sounds tooth achingly sugary! Why is it in there? Wouldn’t the ingredients bind without it?

- Trish
posted January 29th, 2007 at 4:27 am

That’s a good question! I actually haven’t tried it without the sweetened condensed milk, but if the recipe didn’t require it that would be great since the only thing that stops me from making this recipe on a daily basis is I don’t always have it on hand!!

- Trish
posted December 3rd, 2007 at 10:38 pm

i love cookie dough. I’m eating some right now. I’m not afraid of raw eggs. i purposely leave lots of dough stuck to the sides of the bowl because you need something to hold you over until the cookies are finished baking. I am lucky i don’t have children or i would have to hide in the pantry to eat my leftover dough. lol,jk, (i would share)

- shayla
posted July 13th, 2014 at 1:57 am

He said that in order to see what is successful, we must have a method in place to enable us to track where our traffic came from. Google API development skills include the integration of Google Maps with existing web systems. The more popular specific attributes become, the more often Google will suggest them when others post the same or similar items.