Raising a Little Foodie

Monday, November 27, 2006

Wooden Play Sushi SetI’ve been on an informal quest to pick up cool baby products for my expecting friends Judah and Danica. It started with creating an “I ♥ boobs” bib, and continued in Japan with the purchase of cute squeaky baby shoe souvenirs (heh- those are going to be great at toddler stage!).

Wooden Play Sushi SetAdding to their baby booty is this wooden sushi set created by baby stuff inventors Melissa & Doug. Utilizing the magic of Velcro, the included chopsticks allow me er, I mean Baby, to pick up sliced off sushi roll pieces. The sushi roll pieces Velcro together to form a sushi log that Baby can chop using the included wooden knife (!).

Wooden Play Sushi SetThe entire wooden sushi set includes:

posted November 27th, 2006 at 9:50 pm

I think I’m in love with this set. I mean, seriously, sushi set for kids. My children (when/if) I have them, will have to have this.

- Renee
posted November 28th, 2006 at 6:42 am

It took me a total of two minutes to decide to order this for my wee guy for Christmas. Of course I will be the one playing with it I think!

posted November 28th, 2006 at 7:15 am

I was so deprived as a child… where was the sushi set when I was little?

posted November 28th, 2006 at 7:52 am

[...] Porkchop’s first baby gift. I’m seriously considering getting it so she can stick it in her hope chest. [...]

posted November 28th, 2006 at 11:36 am

Awwwww, I want a set like that (for me! I don’t have any children.)

posted November 28th, 2006 at 10:46 pm

Wow, that is so awesome! I’m totally getting one for the sushi-eating toddler that I know.

posted November 29th, 2006 at 12:40 pm

I just found out that my cousin and his wife are expecting, so this couldn’t have come at a better time! You’d best belive that they’ll be getting a couple of those booby-bibs, as well.

posted November 29th, 2006 at 8:02 pm

haha Forget the kids, I want to play!

posted November 30th, 2006 at 1:39 pm

[...] A thought on buying the cute wooden sushi kit for yourself: [...]

posted February 7th, 2007 at 8:52 pm

Check out the wooden Japanese Grill set; a BBQ meal at Willow Tree Toys. Contains little skewers that you can put fish, veggies, meatballs, etc. The child can set up the grill and also use the noodles later to string on the assortment of food. It comes in a cloth storage bag and with litle chopsticks. Cute! Was searching for the sushi set and up came your blog. Saw how much you loved the sushi set, so I thought you’d like this too.

- Caresse
posted August 18th, 2008 at 11:13 pm

I like the way how everything in the set is beautifully color coordinated. This should transform any toddler to be a sushi lover.