I’ve been on an informal quest to pick up cool baby products for my expecting friends Judah and Danica. It started with creating an “I ♥ boobs” bib, and continued in Japan with the purchase of cute squeaky baby shoe souvenirs (heh- those are going to be great at toddler stage!).
Adding to their baby booty is this wooden sushi set created by baby stuff inventors Melissa & Doug. Utilizing the magic of Velcro, the included chopsticks allow
me er, I mean Baby, to pick up sliced off sushi roll pieces. The sushi roll pieces Velcro together to form a sushi log that Baby can chop using the included wooden knife (!).
The entire wooden sushi set includes:
- four Velcro’ed California roll pieces, inside out, gajin style
- two Velcro’ed tekka-maki (tuna roll) pieces
- two Velcro’ed kappa-maki (cucumber roll) pieces
- one Velcro’ed ebi (shrimp) nigiri
- one Velcro’ed tamago nigiri
- one Velcro’ed maguro nigiri, with a cute ribbon nori belt
- one Velcro’ed ikura nigiri (salmon roe), also with a cute belt
- a small dish of soy sauce
- a set of Velcro’ed chopsticks
- two felt pink ginger slices
- one wad of wasabi
- one wooden knife for cleaving the sushi rolls