Tiny Tabasco!

Monday, June 5, 2006

I’m finally getting off my tookus to take pictures for the Government Food MRE photo contest. I’m surprised at how busy this little package is! One of the silliest parts of it: the teeniest tabasco, 1/8 of an oz! I’m not used to having tabasco sauce with my raviolis…

teeny tiny tabasco

posted June 5th, 2006 at 7:37 pm

MRE’s yuck. When I was a kid we referred to them as “must regurgitate after eating” some are especially bad. (cream of mushroom noodles…just bad). Cute site.

• I nibbled here and there… and well, I’d eat it if stuck out in a war zone! Aside from that… eh. Very canned tasting. I was impressed with how many food items gets stuffed into that space!

- Cat
posted June 6th, 2006 at 4:11 am

I discovered the Government Food Project via your website, and had a GREAT time doing it- thanks! Can’t wait to see what you come up with!

• thanks s’kat- your post was a great reminder/motivator for me to get going!

posted June 6th, 2006 at 6:24 am

I got a tiny bottle like that once at a wedding shower – I had no idea they were used in MREs! I just figured they were produced for people who like to use twee stuff like that for stuff, like, well… wedding shower favors!

• cute idea for a wedding shower! I could also see them as fitting in well with a bachelorette party theme :)

posted June 6th, 2006 at 8:09 am

Silly nothing, these are great. I used to carry one in my pocket all the time for emergencies. You just never know when something is going to need some Tabasco.

Also, you can buy these by themselves. They have them at Cost Plus World Market.

• Oh yeah- thanks for the memory jog… that’s a fun section for making picnic baskets. I like the idea of tabasco emergencies :)

posted June 6th, 2006 at 7:06 pm

What a cute little hot sauce!
Where did you find it?

Teddy

• It found me- the govt food folks emailed it so I could enter their mre contest.

posted February 27th, 2007 at 9:13 pm

Greetings,

The picture above of someone holding the tiny Tabasco bottle, is sharp but I would like to let you know I have 4 of them with 4 different lables and three different degress of hotness and flavor. The United States Army even inserts these small bottles in the modern day “K” Rations that are issued to our troops out in the field. It helps to spice up those dried eggs on occassions or anything else that does not meet the troops palet. As a Barbecuer hot sauces is a main item used in real barbecue smoking and cooking as you know.

This bottle is from a MRE too. Didn’t know that different varieties are available! Wouldn’t it be a random search to find them?

- Lee Booton
posted October 25th, 2007 at 2:58 am

What IS tabasco anyone? Sauce, alcohol, intoxicant? My recipe book said to add it to my cooking but the shop haven’t heard of it (me neither!)

Tabasco sauce is a vinegar chili sauce made in America, Tabasco being a brand name. It is a household staple here, and almost every restaurant offers it in addition to salt and pepper. Most popular uses: to add a touch of spice to eggs, soups, chili or any dinner meal.

- Eknor
posted August 29th, 2008 at 9:02 am

hehe, i have one of those tiny hot sauses!!! hehe, i stole it out of my big brothers MRE. XDD lol

- Mary
posted September 26th, 2008 at 3:43 pm

Tabasco has three ingredients:

Peppers
Vinegar
Salt.

Good on everything!

- PaulB
posted February 5th, 2009 at 5:07 pm

Hi! I’m jessa. Its nice to see that someone finally has a cute sitee!<333 it. I had a tiny tabasco sauce once. Actually 32 [[I took some from my classmates because the teachers weren't looking and the kids were all at the bathroom (i finished using it already) I actually took all of them!]] My friends Julia, Cheyenna, And Cassidy were all laughing. I handed them some and we had a battle on who could drink/eat the most. I won actually. Until when I came back out I began to feel sick to my stomach [i didn't get sick, though. luck.] I told the teacher and she got me water. I felt so relieved. Until we did it again with the rest. Talk about worst day eva! :]
Jessa Jonas. :] <333 PeaceLoveJessaJonas.

posted December 14th, 2009 at 7:10 pm

I did not know that MRE kits had those.I have a couple of them on my bed .(aso purchased them at the world market).

- "Torrey"
posted September 6th, 2012 at 3:44 am

What is MRE?
Why not occasionally write the full words, so that it makes sense to everyone?

- Solsti