Oh yeah- that’s their name: Demeter Fragrances!
This perfume compnay used to be very trendy 10 years ago or so. I remember fondly sniffing their laundry scent as well as some of their cocktail inspired scents.
They are currently heralding the 50th aniversery of Play-doh with a special release perfume.
I’m more interested in their other scents, some more curious than others…
- Bourbon: Smoky Spice, Burnt Caramel and Vanilla
- Bonfire: Burning Dried Maple Leaves
- Celery: Essential Oil taken from the Leaves of the Celery Plant
- Condensed Milk: Milk and Sweet Sugar
- Green Tea: Green tea leaves are said to eliminate stress and make you feel younger. Sounds like a plan.
- Vanilla Cake Batter: Can’t wait to lick the bowl?
- Mesquite: The Native Americans used the wood from the Mesquite trees for incense, believing the scent would attract good spirits. Today, we do the same on BBQs throughout the United States, seeking that special scent and flavor of the southwest. But why wait for summer weather?
- Lettuce:The green, farm-fresh type. Definitely not Iceberg.
- Lobster: Not for the faint of heart. Probably our most obtuse fragrance, but it is “dead on” so to speak. The sea, sweet meat, and a hint of drawn butter.