Taco Girl

Tuesday, May 2, 2006

food outfitsMom called me up tonight to ask me out of the blue, how I felt about green beans now that I was grown up. I love green beans. In fact I had green bean stir fry last night at Saigon Kitchen. Apparently I was forced to eat green beans as a child, and after swallowing a mouthful, promtly threw them up! Well that show’ed them didn’t it.

Fortunately I didn’t remember that green bean event.

Another food memory brought on tonight, by Slash Food, was of my halloween costume when we lived in… Texas I think? Or maybe Germany? Do you remember it Mom- my taco outfit?

take me to your candyGoodness gracious- was that my idea or yours (and do we have a picture!) :)

I wore red tights (we didn’t have beef colored tights…) with a large felt tortilla circle wrapped around me, arm holes for my arms to poke out from. Mom sewed in green lettuce frills peaking out from my taco tortilla… and maybe there was even cheese? I remember the tortilla folded with me in the middle, and tied closed in the front.

Hey- it got me candy!

posted May 3rd, 2006 at 5:04 am

That’s such a cute memory of a halloween costume. How creative is that? My halloween costumes were always store bought and many kids on the streets had the same one! lol

posted May 3rd, 2006 at 6:11 am

*sputter* BWWAAAHA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Ahem.

Yes, Mom. We seriously need that photo!

posted May 3rd, 2006 at 6:12 am

I love that story…. I never went as a food, but my sister dressed up as a banana one year, painting her face blue and writing chiquita on it, dressing head to toe in pale yellow. (I think I was rotting flesh that year)

posted May 3rd, 2006 at 2:31 pm

Now you’re making me laugh out loud! That was in Del Rio that you were a taco. It was an old yellow blanket, very resourceful, that was the taco shell. You were the tomato in your red tights and then just green shredded fabric for the lettuce. You must have been a veggie taco. We don’t have any pictures, the flood of ’96 took care of that!

- MoM
posted May 4th, 2006 at 8:18 am

mmmmm…tacos.
This gives me a great idea for a party. Everybody must dress as food. I think I would like to be a cupcake or a slice of watermelon. I wonder if I could make a Jiffy-Pop popcorn pan…all puffed up.

- Janedoh
posted May 4th, 2006 at 2:00 pm

SHow the PHOTO!!!!!!!

Anyone else craving tacos now?

• I had a really good albacore taco yesterday at our campus street fair. Michelle has a picture here. I’m soo craving more!

I’ve had the song -Punk Rock Girl- in my head, but with the words Taco Girl instead… :)

- Carmeni
posted May 4th, 2006 at 7:31 pm

I was and still am that way with tomatoes. When the ‘rents served them *icks* there was some choking going on and I can’t stand them still. Unfortunately, I don’t think I will ever get over that. :p

• Oh, I hear you :)
    Though I do have a confession- I had a slice of raw tomato topped with a slice of mozzarealla and a drizzle of balsalmic recently- and it was good. But I had it pretested by Mom, who confirmed that this was a tomato worth trying!

- Meredith