Bourdain in Pdx

Monday, May 1, 2006

CHEF MICHAEL WRAYpicked up on eGullet today:

We’re going to be shooting an episode of ANTHONY BOURDAIN: NO RESERVATIONS in the Pacific Northwest in early June.

In PORTLAND, OREGON we’d like to shoot a scene involving cooks showing off their CHEF and/or FOOD-RELATED TATTOOS, and are looking for participants willing to be on camera!

We’ll be shooting this on SUNDAY, JUNE 4… exact time and venue TBD, but we’re open to suggestions!

Please contact me directly via e-mail for more info… and please attach a photo of your tattoo(s), and tell me a little about yourself!

Thanks!
Diane Schutz
Segment Producer — ANTHONY BOURDAIN: NO RESERVATIONS
Zero Point Zero Production
diane@zeropointzero.com

considering… would I let Bourdain’s arrival push me into getting the apple tattoo I’ve been desiring the last year?
Still considering…

posted May 2nd, 2006 at 7:21 am

Sounds like a sign from up high, for sure. Bare your skin, brave the bit of pain, maybe meet Bourdain? Ummm, okay!

• Oh dear- I’m hearing you!

posted May 4th, 2006 at 11:17 pm

Hell, I might have to get a tattoo just for that. I was looking at tattoos on the Infinity Tattoo site last night. Maybe go for something nerdy, like “Umami”.

• But where would you get that tattoo’ed? Inside the lip?
    I was looking at Jen at Atlas Tattoo

- Judah
posted May 5th, 2006 at 9:41 pm

I think “Umami” would work well across the knuckles, since there are 5 letters. Perhaps “Sweet” or “Salty” across the other hand.

However, for pure art sake, a nice cooking screed begs to be written across the back. Remenicscent of the Pillow Book, like this tattoo

- Judah
posted May 15th, 2006 at 4:56 pm

wow, an apple tattoo? what kind of apple? i’ve been dreaming of a pink lady apple.

posted June 9th, 2006 at 3:19 pm

this may be too late, but I have an asparagus tattoo on my finger…

- rebecca mazzio
posted February 4th, 2008 at 10:33 pm

I have a tattoo that may or may not qualify… but if I for sure will get to meet Tony, I will get one… I will get more than one if I get to “sleep” with him!

- kallista