Anne nudged me with a good idea for this coming year…
What do you dare yourself to make/do in the kitchen for 2006?
I started off my year conquering one goal (to make marshmallows!) , and was greated with the sweet fluffy taste of success. Not only was it a cool rediscovery of a food item corporate manufacturing has taken away from home kitchens- funky flavored marshmallows make great perplexing gifts!
What are culinary dreams doing lurking in those dark recesses of the brain? Do we keep them there for fear of failure? Lack of equipment, or time? No money?
Culinary Challenges for 2006
1. Make tofu from scratch.
2. Make my own Eugene-air based sourdough starter.
3. Make sausages!
4. Master the art of homemade ramen (thank you Tampopo!).
5. Make homemade ricotta (like Sam did…).
6. Get some great African recipes under my belt.
7. Really go through and dig in to some of my many cookbooks (gee, you mean put them to use?).