Kitchen-opsy I

Tuesday, November 1, 2005

wishbonesThe state of my kitchen better not be a reflection of my inner mind. It’s most often cluttered, even littered, crammed full of odds-n-ends, bits-n-pieces, with quirky projects here and there.

Most are traditions I’ve come up with myself, though some, like the collection of wishbones on the window still are habits learned from my Mom. I often have a collection of art pieces around the wishbones… some tiles, ammonites, and a butterfly wing or two stuck to the window pane with water. Outside my sink window is the view of our fennel which continues to grow seven feet tall, thriving in our neglect.

Here’s bits of my kitchen on a good day:
kitchen stove diagram I used to be quite active in making ceramics and pottery. These leavings are all over my kitchen, most notably around my stove.

Next up, the wall area next to the stove.

posted November 1st, 2005 at 5:59 pm

I love handmade pottery and, like you, have a lot of it in my kitchen. I didn’t make any of it myself, though, still haven’t gotten to learning how. I want to see closeups of the things on the shelf…especially the ammonite box.

• Will work on that!

posted November 1st, 2005 at 10:24 pm

Oooh, talent!! I’m green with envy – that mortar and pestle.. I’m a total klutz with clay, but luckily I can buy fun stuff instead. :) I love travelling around and picking up small, interesting pieces here and there. I’m just now drinking coffee from my fave mug – made for me by an inmate, actually! :)

- Anne
posted November 2nd, 2005 at 9:36 am

Looks like you have some nice work up there! I find it absolutely delightful that you have butterfly wings stuck upon your window.

posted November 3rd, 2005 at 3:40 pm

Yay! I’m glad you decided to share your kitchen with us! I love all the artsy stuff you make, and I am totally envious of both the mortar and pestle you MADE and the cast iron pan I’ve been wanting to get for quite some time…I can’t wait to see the rest! Keep it coming!

posted November 4th, 2005 at 8:35 am

Such talent you have. What a lovely kitchen.
All the wall space in my tiny tiny kitchn if filled with cabinets except for small section. I have a silver searving tray that was my grandparents hanging in that section. There is also one open shelf where I ceramic pig I purchased in Texas years ago lives. It doesn’t really match but I think Mr/Ms pig likes it up there.

posted November 10th, 2005 at 6:39 am

Well I must say, you’ve got a nice little cubby there. I envy you ;) I like the decorations so good job and keep the clutter up! haha. Great website by the way!

• thanks Chris. I look forward to watching your site develop. It’s got a nice catchy name!