Hillel Cooperman of tastingmenu.com and his team of busy bees have brought forth two amazing electronic cookbooks available free for download. His team’s second book was recently released, Autumn Omakase, A tasting menu from Tatsu Nishino of Nishino adding to the first release of All About Apples, A tasting menu from Scott Carsberg of Lampreia.
Both cookbooks are a culinary conversation with Seattle chefs, Scott Carsberg, Chef at Lampreia, and Tatsu Nishino of Nishino. as we walk through the preparation of a multi-course meal, we are so close to the chefs, that you can see we are in the tricks up their sleeves. Each cookbook is similar in style, dripping with upclose images of the finished plate and an amazing multitude of upclose images of the prep work and assembly that brings each dish together.
In Autumn Omakase, Tatsu Nishino serves us a 9 course meal, reveling in the seasonal ingredients of persimmons, mushrooms, and oysters.
- Oyster, Salmon, Scallop Appetizer: Kumamoto Oyster with Ponzu Granita, Scallop Tartare with Wasabi Cream, and Salmon Cucumber Rolls with Sumiso Sauce
- Kampachi Usuzukuri: Paper Thin Kampachi with Citrus, Daikon, and Pink Peppercorns
- Seared Foie Gras, Maguro, and Shiitake Mushroom with Red Wine Soy Reduction
- Matsutake Dobinmushi: Dashi Broth with Sea Bass, Matshutake Mushroom, and Ginko Nut
- Dungeness Crab, Frisée, Arugula, and Fuyu Persimmon Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette
- Hirame Tempura Stuffed with Uni, Truffle and Shizo
- Hamachi with Balsamic Teriyaki
- Toro Sushi Three Ways: Otoro with Yuzu Salt, Toro with Quail Yolk, and Smokey Grilled Toro
- Plum Wine Fruit Gratin
Autumn Omakase is available here, on tastingmenu for download, free.