Sahale Snacks

Monday, September 26, 2005

Sahale SnacksI’m a sucker for packaging. Cool containers just want to be fondled, and nice design gets to come home with me. It can be an expensive addiction, though knowledge is the first step right?

So, I tried some restraint with these cute nut blends called Sahale Snacks. They’ve actually been in the grocery store for several months now, and I am only now trying them for the first time. The packaging itself is a straight-forward pouch, but the image of the nuts is quite enticing! Staged like a severly lit still life, each package front spotlights the contained goodies cuddled by a petite small bowl (the images in this post are from their gorgeous website). I love little bowls, and nuts, so I swooped three of their expensive (right around $3 for 2 oz) little blends into my shopping basket.

Sahale is the name of a nearby waterfall, one of many that tends to spoil Oregoneans. Sahale (pronounced Sa-hall-ee) is a Chinook word meaning “High”… which gives me a good idea for my own homemade version of Sahale snacks for next year’s Burning Man!

Each variety is named to honor the region of an ingredient in the nut mix:

Ksar Blend

Ksar Blend: pistachio, sesame seed, pepita, fig, harissa

Socorro Blend

Socorro Blend: macadamia, hazelnut, mango, papaya, chipotle

Valdosta BlendValdosta Blend: pecan, sweet cranberry, black pepper, orange zest

These little gourmet snacks are a fun vacation for the mouth. They’re a bit expensive for casual snacking, but would be wonderful sprinkled in salads, on top of ice cream, or around fried fish.

These snacks are after my heart, I think I’ll let them in.

posted December 6th, 2005 at 11:45 am

Dear McAuliflower,

I wanted to thank you for writing such thorough and thoughtful review of Sahale Snacks. I am the Marketing Director at Sahale Snacks. As a small company, articles such as your make a big impact.

If you send me your contact information I would be happy to put you on our Press List. We will be launching new blends in the first Quarter of 2006 and I would love to send you some samples.

Best Regards,

Donna Williams
Director, Sales and Marketing
Sahale Snacks
518-945-3110
donna@sahalesnacks.com

- Donna Williams
posted June 23rd, 2006 at 2:19 pm

[...] these are great in brownies [...]

posted December 27th, 2007 at 7:31 am

[...] and Nut: do you know the love that are the Sahale Snack blends? If so, you will understand this flavor inspiration, if you are new to Sahale’s flavors: [...]

posted February 21st, 2008 at 4:47 pm

A friend sneaked a sample of these to me in a homemade pouch but didn’t tell me the brand name. I was very happy to notice them at our local Costco today! I love the Valdosta blend – very addictive.

posted July 7th, 2008 at 2:51 am

I’m a big fan of Sahale Snacks. Last month, I went to Canada for traveling and bought a pack of Sahale Snacks Valdosta Blend Gourmet Snack Mix in a grocery store. I tasted and love it very much. After I went back to my home town, Hong Kong, China, I haven’t found any stores and supermarkets which are selling your products. Would you tell me your local retailer in Hong Kong China? I would be much appreciated if you can give me such information.

I’m not Sahale – just a fan. Amazon.com sells all their flavors.

cheers

- Rainbow
posted February 16th, 2009 at 8:12 pm

i realy lke nuts…yummmy whaaaaaa…..reach in potassium…..mahilig talaga ako sa snack can anybody give me gift…:D a cookie jar….hehehehe love it…yung glass cristal….for my special glass table in my lounch…

posted February 16th, 2009 at 8:25 pm

i saw this sahali snacks..in Healthy Options magazin…and i tried to visit the site…thanks that found it easily..i dont know how and where i can found this snacks…mayme its expensive but its ok…want to have it…is this product…sahali snacks is in the shop of healthy Options in powerplant mall?at the rockwell? hope..:D thanks…:D can have your reply pls…:D thank you..

posted April 24th, 2012 at 12:12 am

Do you have agents in Hong Kong for Sahale Snacks
Could I buy direct from your company ?

posted April 16th, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Just try Sahale Snacks for the first time an I love it! I can’t find the Brownies in store. Let me know where I can get them. Thank you

- Bintu
posted October 4th, 2013 at 7:58 pm

I’m a huge fan of Sahale Snacks and my fav is Barbeque Almonds with Mild Chipotle + Ranch !!!

- LC