Gifts for Foodies, Part II: the Cookie Sutra

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Oh cookie!Do you have a sweet cookie in your life? Ok, how about a sweet and spicy cookie with a touch of bite? Look no further but I think we’ve got your stocking stuffer (errr, um, that wasn’t a euphamism) right here!

She's tickling his feet... that's it!The Cookie Sutra is a delightful little book of, sure enough, Kama Sutra poses acted out by ginger bread cookies- boys and girls. This book had my work place in giggles as I have been delighting in using my coworkers as a mini-test market… I have a great work environment!

The images are great, and the position captions are just as good. Each pose is referred to as a recipe, with a little bit of cookie talk thrown in. As in the toe grabbing Snake Trap, “two (cookies) become as one, yet the calorie count remains unchanged”.

The book even finishes with a little milk and cookies in the form of a ginger bread cookie recipe. However, we found one should use caution when modifying the cookie recipe to make them more spicy. If you choose, more spice may be added by increasing the amount of ginger and adding cayenne, however your cookies may take on a life of their own… Now that's a spicy cookie!I woke up the next morning to find the spicier of the cookies had taken on a life of their own! To avoid kinky cookie scenes I recommend you add vanilla to the Cookie Sutra recipe and don’t alter the spice amounts ;) If you do feel like experimenting… make sure to have a safe baking word.

This book has upped the ante on creative cookie making! Hmmm I wonder what it will take to convince my metal working friend Dave to make me special cookie cutters for my work Christmas Holiday Party?

posted September 10th, 2005 at 5:54 pm

that’s just hysterical :D

- J
posted September 11th, 2005 at 2:40 pm

That is too funny – thanks for sharing this one.

posted September 12th, 2005 at 2:44 am

Jocelyn,

That’s so funny. I literally burst out laughing at my desk when clicking over to your site. Fantastic! One thing, your link to the book does not work. :-( Oh boy, I’m gonna tell all my friends to buy this book!

• fixed- thanks!

posted September 12th, 2005 at 9:41 am

WOW

- mARK
posted September 12th, 2005 at 10:43 am

Hysterical. Great blog.

- Jeff
posted September 12th, 2005 at 8:11 pm

I’d be delighted.

Of course, the cost depends on whether I’m making science nerd cookie cutters or … other kinds.

- Dave
posted September 13th, 2005 at 4:29 am

How would anyone put tht in their mouths….its nasty cool!

posted September 13th, 2005 at 12:27 pm

Jocelyn I’m so glad you’re enjoying the book so much! I knew you would, somehow…

And for anyone who can’t wait to wrap their arms/hands/legs around a copy of their very own, stay tuned to SHF this December when I will be giving away a dozen copies to the best decorated, most “spicy” gingerbread cookie lovers/bakers!

• Excellent SHF idea! Can’t wait… hee hee!

posted September 14th, 2005 at 10:56 am

I love the way this world can take an innocent thing like cookies and make it so much more interesting! Very funny!

- Nina
posted September 17th, 2005 at 10:54 am

that is the funniest thing i’ve ever seen. i just forwarded that picture to a list of friends, of course mentioning your blog. haaa!

- mona
posted December 16th, 2006 at 9:26 pm

you can only get the full effect by seeing the actual publication…my friend though it would make a funny christmas gift. (it was a very funny gift idea.)

posted January 6th, 2008 at 4:23 pm

EWW Perverts!!
How is that hysterical? Perverts thats all u can think about!!!!!!!!!!!
Yuck!

- Melanie Pop
posted February 20th, 2010 at 2:03 pm

You can purchase these cookies at Sugar Mama’s Goodies!

- Michaeline
posted August 19th, 2010 at 8:47 am

[...] (Images from here) [...]

posted November 17th, 2013 at 1:01 am

Place a large trash can in the heart of the room, lined with plastic-type, to keep your office clean and set for any mishaps. And since you would assume, undertaking a DIY renovating job needs you to set apart any other activities to make time for organizing and then lastly painting and designing. Another option for embellishing the ceiling may be to engage the help of an artistic relative or friend to create a mural in the nursery for baby. An Old World look for grape and wine kitchen decor will often include wall texturizing as well, to make the walls look weathered and so European. Tint the federal government with the brand-new color also speeds up this particular covering method. This must be repeated with each different colour desired for the design with colour overlap producing mixtures of the colour basics.