WebMonkey Pressure Cooker Chili

Sunday, March 6, 2005

WebMonkey ChiliLucky for me, my webmonkey works for food (well, and for other treats too, ahem). Tonight’s blog move is the culmination of three weeks of work laboring over templates, and being a pixel slave driver. I like to think that I helped quite a bit, but I mainly backseat-drove from our big velvet pillow chair (btw Robb can vacuum pack his furniture down to nothing for shipments!) situated in the computer room.

chiliSweets (aka WebMonkey) has a serious hankering for chili. I would love to file it into that category of boy food, like instant ramen and a dinner of chips and salsa but alas, I love our chili too. Urged in large part by his love of chili (I suspect), Sweets got me a pressure cooker for Christmas. And I’ll be darned if this isn’t one of the most fun things. However, having been raised Catholic, I am still dealing with guilt issues surrounding my pressure cooker. I always thought that long slow cooking was the secret ingredient that made certain recipes sing… but this new toy reduces my cooking time to nothing, and now I’m left wondering what my new secret ingredient should be.

To make WebMonkey Pressure Cooker Chili, follow Alton Brown’s recipe except:

Happy Eating!

posted March 6th, 2005 at 9:45 pm

have the decorators come in recently to do a bit of
renovation? nice job, j, although i’m having a funky
time with this comments box, you may want to look into
why it keeps expanding….fantastic, though, i can
bore you with my comments now!

posted March 6th, 2005 at 10:09 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, santos. I think I just took care of the comments box.

posted March 7th, 2005 at 3:06 pm

Hi Jocelyn – Your site (and chilli) looks fantastic, I really liked the old one too though. I’m glad I can leave comments now!

posted March 7th, 2005 at 4:39 pm

Wow, everything looks great! And at last I can leave comments on all the thought-provoking things you write about. Mazel tov!

posted March 8th, 2005 at 12:51 pm

GREAT redesign. I love it.

- jen
posted March 8th, 2005 at 6:21 pm

I think I have just come across your blog for the first time (though the name is kind of familiar) and it looks great! The look is really nice, but the content is wonderful too. I’ve been poking around for about a half hour and enjoying it tremendously!

posted March 7th, 2007 at 7:03 pm

[...] this batter onto your favorite pot of chili is a complete and wondrous [...]

posted January 16th, 2013 at 10:01 pm

[...] you’ll kick yourself for not having bought one of these things sooner. Potatoes are a snap, and chili is a no-brainer. You can also steam vegetables in a pressure cooker in just 2-3 minutes. There are [...]