On BlueOregon, Calling All Rich Waitresses… Step Forward for Pay Cuts
The Oregon Restaurant Association is committed to representing, promoting and protecting the restaurant industry. Here’s the shorthand, alot of it straight from the ORA’s listing of priority issues:
- The ORA doesn’t think you should have access to nutritional information concerning the food offerings in a restaurant.
- Concerning placing of Lottery games in restaurants and bars, the ORA wants Lottery background checks to be waived for “small” business partners.
- And of course there’s minimum wage. The ORA wants the voted in Cost-of-Living-Adjustment repealed even though reports show no link between having a livable minimum wage and the unemployment rate.
- Did you want smoke with that job? The ORA thinks nothing of subjecting its employees and customers to second-hand smoke complications, and is in opposition to Salem’s proposed smoking ban in bars and taverns.
- And finally, as proudly procalimed on their website: ORA opposes a bill which lowers the Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) to .05 on drunk drivers with previous alcohol convictions.
And did I mention the ORA hates babies, bunny rabbits, and spits in your food?